Friends of Town Island
The Friends of Town Island, with the generous support of Mayberry Fine Art and renowned Canadian artist Randolph Parker, are pleased to present a wonderful project in support of The Nature Conservancy of Canada Campaign to protect Town Island.
Randolph Parker has been painting Lake of the Woods landscapes for more than a decade. Randolph’s guide in and around Lake of the Woods is none other than Bill Mayberry, of Mayberry Fine Art. Both men have great affection and affinity for the Lake. Randolph and Bill agreed to commission an original work featuring Town Island in support of the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) Campaign to Keep Town Island Wild.
The image is an iconic view of the east side of the island known as “Mosquito Point” or “Big Mosquito” and is well known to campers, boaters, and fishers alike.
Mayberry Fine Art has generously agreed to commission the production of 25 fully framed, archival quality pigment prints of Randolph’s work (“the Art Work”). Each framed pigment print is 24” x 31” and bears a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist. The offer is $1,700.00 (CAD). Donations will be made directly to NCC who will issue donation receipts to successful subscribers.
How to participate – Please read this carefully – Early subscriptions will not be accepted
- Subscriptions will be taken on a first come, first served basis AFTER THE ENTRY START TIME of Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 9:00:00 a.m. C.S.T;
- Email [email protected] to enter with your name, address, and phone number;
- The Art Work will be offered to the first 25 subscribers whose email is received AFTER THE START TIME. If successful you will be contacted by Friends of Town Island, provided a reference code, and special instructions to arrange your donation to NCC. Donations are to be made within 10 business days. Once NCC confirms your donation is received, MFA will contact you to arrange delivery or pickup.
- EXCLUSIONS: Shipping is available worldwide; Shipping costs are EXTRA to the noted donation and to be arranged between MFA and the successful entrants; Local pickup is available in Winnipeg; failure to complete donation within noted time will result in revocation of offer and the designated art work will be offered to the next eligible entrant.
Opportunity to acquire the Original Painting
The original acrylic painting, which measures 14” x 20” (23” x 29” framed) will be auctioned off at Cowley Abbott Canadian Art Auctions. Register at Cowley Abbott and look for The Canadian Landscape” online auction (open for bidding from April 5th to 19th). The auction features hundreds of original artworks, including this Randolph Parker original. The painting will be on view in Toronto two weeks prior to the auction. Further details on Randolph Parker and this painting can be obtained by emailing [email protected]
- This is a public on-line auction;
- Net auction proceeds will be given to the NCC Town Island Campaign;
- NO tax receipt will be issued to the successful bidder;
- Successful bidder subject to buyer’s premium and other customary charges;
- Shipping to be arranged and paid separately;
- Estimated opening bid $3,000.00 Canadian.
Access your collector profile
Manage your collector profile and get notifications and exclusive offers on the artwork and artists you're interested in. Provide your email address and we will send you a secure link.